Admiral Home Inspections - Feel Safe About Your Investment.
RSS Follow Become a Fan

Spring 2013
summer 2013
winter 2014
powered by

My Blog

GFCI plugs in your home

A ground-fault circuitinterrupter, or GFCI, is a device used in electrical wiring to disconnect acircuit when unbalanced current is detected between an energized conductor anda neutral return conductor.  Such an imbalance is sometimes caused by current"leaking" through a person who is simultaneously in contactwith a ground and an energized part of the circuit, which could result inlethal shock.  GFCIs are designed to provide protection in such asituation, unlike standard circuit breakers, which guard against overloads,short circuits and ground faults.

It is estimated that about 300 deaths by electrocution occur every year, so the use of GFCIs has been adopted in new construction, and recommended as an upgrade in older construction, in order to mitigate the possibility of injury or fatality from electricity.

GFCI plugs or circuits should be installed in all bathrooms, plugs that are within 3 feet of kitchen sinks,at wet bars and on the homes exterior. GFCI plugs are fairly inexpensive but should be change out by a qualified electrician to ensure safe and properinstallation.

15 Comments to GFCI plugs in your home:

Comments RSS
Residential Window in Lynnwood on July-12-13 4:37 AM
I liked the way you put together everything, there is certainly no need to go any further to look for any additional information. You mentioned each and everything that too with much of ease. I can’t resist myself to leave a comment and trust me it’s hard to impress me.

snn builders on July-15-13 6:10 AM
Hi, I am unable to thank you enough for the blog posts on your blog post about the home.

window shades in Everett on July-22-13 1:14 AM
It is going to help me a lot. The stuff and is very well topic related with "Bathroom accessories- Install setup" and useful for me. I quiet like the writers point of view. I like the way blogger presented information regarding the concerned subject. A more deeper and staged knowledge would be good for me.

Stock punches on July-30-13 12:02 AM
Ground-fault circuit interrupter (GFCI). It's there to protect people from electrical shock, so it is completely different from a fuse.i am happy that you shared this one with us,keep sharing.

Bunny Costumes on September-17-13 2:01 AM
Your concept is excellent,Its very well writte!!

website on August-01-14 11:48 PM
the office on our property additional, unapproved people setting upward fences and also entrances on the plot of land might for me personally handle every single minimal detail

stron on August-15-14 4:56 PM
with basically absolutely nothing even more cost it may be valued at one of the giving up of a minimum of an instant connected with feared and

rolex replica on September-20-14 12:20 AM
straightaway

prada on September-20-14 12:22 AM
options

louis vuitton on September-20-14 12:23 AM
activities

lady watches on December-29-14 9:32 AM
You need to take part in a contest for among the best blogs on the web. I'll advocate this website!

strony internetowe on September-13-15 7:15 AM
The mirror is helpful not just in have the capacity to visualize it, although the setting right up fences and additionally you will be within the piece might i believe care for each individual small detail

assignment writing uk on December-09-17 1:16 AM
I enjoyed reading you post. I am sharing it with my other friends as the information is really very useful. Keep sharing your excellent work. All the efforts you put in the "GFCI plugs in your home" blog post is appreciable. Entire blog is informative. Looking forward to read more blogs and contents from you.

buy movie jackets on December-09-17 1:16 AM
Maintain strolling a blog. splendid blog access. I need to say that is one of the remarkable posts that i have perused in all my life. the whole thing right here is certainly high-quality. I could not have asked a hugely improved submit than this. i'm able to bookmark your net site and advocate to all my pals.

www.essayprime.co.uk on December-09-17 1:20 AM
I am a huge believer of the topics blogged about "Home Inspections and concrete suppliers remodeling". I also enjoy reading the replies, but I notice that a lot of people should stay on topic to try and add something to the original blog post